Why We Are Leaders In Our Field
Boyes & Son As The Top Temecula Contractor
Choosing the best contractor for your remodeling project
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
Boyes & Son has The Reputation As The Temecula Go To Construction Company
Do your due diligence before hiring your contractor. Price can not be the only factor when you are going to make the final decision on who will be your general contractor. Your home is where you spend most of your time, and you don’t want a poor quality contractor that does not think of the details.
1. Start with a detailed plan. This is the most important before you even approach a contractor. Boyes & Son will come up with a comprehensive plan to for you so you know exactly what you have planned for your space. We will walk through your space with a detailed plan so there are no surprises.
Please bear in mind that permit drawings are not complete plans and contain limited information about the final design of your space. They provide information about the general layout and structure but have limited or no information pertaining to finishes, interior architecture, custom millwork, lighting and electrical features. This is the information that we will give you accurate pricing before you start construction.
2. Provide a list of specifications ahead of time. When it comes to your finishes, fixtures, appliances and accessories, this is your priority. The price to remodel even a small bathroom can vary by tens of thousands of dollars depending on its fittings and finishes. If you can choose your plumbing fixtures, finishes and accessories ahead of time, you will save yourself and your contractor a lot of grief during the remodeling process by having the items on hand when contractor needs them.
3. Price out your project. If you have been working with a designer and you have a complete set of drawings and complete specifications, it’s time to price it out with a contractor. Also, ask your friends whether they have a contractor they have been happy with and send them your construction package to bid on as well.
If you have the detailed set of plans and the specs, you will get “apples to apples” pricing from the contractors bidding on the job. And these contractors will have to stick to their provided pricing because they had all the information in their hands.
4. Ensure your contractor is insured. I’m sure you’ve all heard horror stories about what can happen on a construction site. Unfortunately, accidents are part of the norm in this industry. A contractor has to manage a significant crew to make your project come together, and it’s not an easy task. Think of Boyes & Son as your contractor/ composer. We bring all the parts of an orchestra together to create a masterpiece. There are bound to be mishaps occasionally, that’s why we are set up to deal with them properly.
5. Interview your contractor. You will have to get quite close to your general contractor over the period of your project. Make sure you pick someone you trust and can communicate with. During initial meetings, ask how unexpected issues might be handled. This can include change orders that will be issued by you or your designer in writing. Boyes & Son, General Contractor for Temecula, will take the time to get to know you and we also want to build a trusting partnership.
6. Ask about timelines. Ask your contractor how long he believes it will take to complete your job and then add an extra eight weeks to help manage your expectations. We’re not saying that contractors can’t finish on time, but there are so many unforeseen things that can happen on a remodeling site that the possibility of your job ending right on time is never guaranteed.